The seawall at the outermost edge of the Higashihama Salt Farm, which is referred to as the odote (“big embankment”), was constructed in Kanbun 7 (1667). Though the wall has undergone extensive repairs, one can still see the masonry of the old odote on part of the wall’s eastern tip, near Misaki. To the east of the odote, water flowed into the mio and traveled throughout the Higashihama Salt Farm. To prevent sand deposits from building up in the mio, a stone jetty extending from the odote was constructed. The year in which the jetty was built is not known, but it is included in a drawing from Tenmei 6 (1786).